Patterns

Patterns
Just part of the patterns.

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Dinky Night Before Christmas
by Sandra Wheeler
'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except Mary-Ann mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that Santa soon would be there;
The Dinky’s were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of gumdrops filled their little stuffed heads;
And Ms Vicki in her 'kerchief, and Angie in her cap,
Had just settled down for a much needed nap,
When out of no where there arose such a clatter,
They sprang up from their nap to see what was the matter.
Away to the computer they flew with emotion,
Checked out yahoo and saw all the commotion.
On this night before Christmas sewing machines were quiet,
But some one was causing a very loud riot.
"But I did see him" they watched Gumbi write,
He was standing right here, but he slipped out of sight.
"Who did you see?" was Carrie’s reply,
"I saw Santa" wrote Gumbi and let out a sigh.
"He had something to tell me, but I couldn’t hear,
Please, every one look and see if he’s near"
"Wait" typed Ms Vickie, "I hear something outside"
"It is a big red sleigh and a man taking a ride"
"He just spoke" said Ms Vickie "and here’s what he said"
"I can’t use the toys, they are all filled with lead"
"I need toys that are safe for the children so dear,
I need Newborns and Belles! And even a bear’"
I need Tommers and Chloe and sweet little Sassy!
I need toys for the lads and especially the lassie.
Please all you Dinky makers, unite.
I need all these toys and I need them tonight!
Check in your closets, check and then tell.
You must have some dolls left that you didn’t sell!"
All over the world Dinky makers went hunting,
They all found some dolls, even one in a bunting!
They packed them all up and got them ready that night
They wanted to help Santa make everything right.
They made Santa so happy that he gave Ms Vicki a hug,
"I knew they could do it" said Ms Vicki with a shrug!
"They are the best doll makers that could ever be,
And to think that they learned it all from me!"
Emmett helped Santa load up the sleigh,
They loaded things on and were soon on their way.
But I heard them exclaim as they drove out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dinky good-night."
Wasn't that just the cutest poem. I have such creative distributors. Hope you season is going well and you are making lots of cloth dolls from my Dinky Baby patterns.

No comments: