Friday, March 08, 2013
Easy to add yarn top knot for any doll
I was asked recently about how to add a top knot of yarn hair to a dolls head, much like the Cabbage Patch dolls had. I came up with this simple tutorial that shows you how to do this. You can add a top knot to any cloth doll any size, just follow the simple steps below.
Turn any doll into a "Yarn Top"
Step 1. You will need a bald doll, yarn of any kind (4 ply will stand up better), I use a CD for wrapping, scissors, 2 1/2 inch needle and matching thread.
Step 2. Wrap the yarn around the CD several times to get the desired amount of yarn needed.
Wrap the yarn
Step 3. Cut the yarn and tie in the center with a couple strands of yarn.
Cut and tie the yarn
Step 4. Place the yarn on the top of the dolls head for sewing.
Yarn on top of the dolls head
Step 5. Thread the 2 1/2 inch sculpting needle with matching thread. Sew the yarn to the top of the head with several stitches. Make sure it is securely sewn. Sew through the center of the tied yarn a few times to secure.
Sew the yarn to the dolls head
Step 6. Finger comb the yarn away from the dolls face.
Yarn finger combed
Step 7. Cut the yarn, cut a little look at it and if needed cut more. The shorter you cut it the more it will stand up.
Cut the yarn
Your dolls hair should look something like this when you are done. Visit the Dinky Baby website if you want to order the pattern to make this doll. This is pattern number 003, the 14 inch Dinky Baby.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Dinky Baby on YouTube
I would like to take a moment and say Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year to you all. I posted a video on YouTube about some up coming changes for 2013, they are also listed here.
1. We have changed the Certification Program. You no longer need to be a Distributor or a Demonstrator to be Dinky Baby Certified. You can see the details along the right side of this blog.
2. The Dinky Baby Birthday Club-You will receive 10% off all month long the month of your birthday. Details of how to sign up are long the right side of this blog.
3. Sticky Fabri-solvy faces will be included in all doll patterns, with the exception of the miniature dolls. Now you can have the perfect face, no free hand drawing. No increase in the cost of patterns.
4. All fabric prices will increase beginning Jan. 2013 by $2 per yard. Supplier has increased my cost so I need to pass this on to you.
5. Pheona Sophia is coming in January, this is Holiday's best friend and she is quite the little girl. Loads of clothes will be created for these two best friends.
6. Check out Dinky Baby kits and patterns on Amazon, FREE shipping on all orders.
7. We will be offering new clothes patterns for American Girl dolls as well as a great variety of shoes. These shoes will also fit Holiday, Pheona Sophia and Harper.
8. Hailey and her wardrobe will be available to everyone in January 2013.
9. Watch for tips and how to videos on YouTube, have an idea of what you would like to see, email me.
Sunday, November 04, 2012
FINAL DAY AT FESTIVAL
Today is the final day at festival and as I walked around I took pictures of some behind the scene things and more of my favorite booths. I hope you have enjoyed this journey with me at the Market and Festival.
This is the most important person, she kept the ladies room clean
All mens rooms became ladies roooms
Stephanie out on the dock folding fat qrts. for the last day of the show
The loading dock, everyone fights for a good spot for loading after the show
Debbie's booth of Elkhon Quilt Co.
Cute pin cushions
Decorate old photos with jewerly
Dress made of trims
Saturday, November 03, 2012
I have met lots of great people while at Festival, but some very special friends came by for a picture or to share a doll.
This is Laurie, she told me she has made 4 dolls and loves it, "they are easy"!
This is Yale from Israel. She is a member of the Harper project and a doll lover.
FRIENDS & FOOD
I met a new friend, Ellen, she is from New Jersy and wanted to eat some real Texas bar-b-que. We found a great place and enjoyed the feast.
Ellen & me
Placing bar-b-que orders
If you want to try something new, this is a photo of the wonderful
Campechana, at Goode Seafood Co. Don't let how it looks fool you, best thing I have eaten. Great food. Unfortunately we only went twice.
Me, Luann and the "Campechana"
It looks like an old train car inside
Friday, November 02, 2012
There is a display of dolls amoung the quilts, I thought you might like to see some of what I saw. I have also included a picture of the Best of Show Quilt and winner of $10,000. It is more beautiful in person.
The display sign
I feel like this with my Starbucks coffee
Words with friends
Best of Show