Patterns

Patterns
Just part of the patterns.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Wonderful E-mail

Hi Vicki,
I just wanted to share a quick story with you to tell you how much I love your wonderful dolls. When I was 8 years old, my best friend was given a set of boy/girl twin Dinky Dolls that her mother had purchased from a craft fair in Phoenix, AZ. It was from that point on that I was determined to adopt one of my own.

Two years later, my family moved to Prescott and I came across your dolls at craft fair.. Oh, I wanted a doll so bad, but my parents would not buy one for me. They told me that if I wanted one, I'd have to earn my own money and buy one at the next fair. Every time a fair rolled around, I excitedly went with the anticipation of buying a doll. Unfortunately you were never at any of the fairs I attended.

Just as I was about to give up hope of ever getting my own Dinky Doll, my Gram and Gramps came for Christmas bearing the best gift that year. You guessed it! I finally got my Dinky Doll! I named her Holly since she was a Christmas gift.

For the next several years I continued to look for your sales tents at the craft fairs, but never did come across them. I had hoped to add one of the smaller dolls to my ever growing doll population. I thought it was a cute touch to embroider the little heart on their bum next to your signature. I have always wondered what happened to you and your Dinky Dolls, and as I was looking up doll patterns, I stumbled across your website. I just wanted to say thank you for having been a part of my childhood and all the happy memories with my Dinky Doll.

I have since passed Holly down to my daughter who also loves her. I am a native Arizonan who has been displaced in Oregon. Currently trying to move back home to the Phoenix area.

Tabitha Little

No comments: